Thoughtful Thursdays – Is your sales team working as a team?
Back in February of this year Thoughtful Thursdays talked about The unsung heros of sales.
Today’s sales thought is about the sales team and ways to make sure that it is functioning as a team rather than a group of indivduals. Here are a few questions to ask yourself about your sales team when looking to improve and maintain their performance.
Do your sales team members:
- Know the goals and objectives of the team?
- Understand the responsibilities of each team member?
- Know who their back up person is?
- Update their voice message when they are not there?
- Update their email auto-response when they are not there?
As the manager of the sales team do you:
- Meet with your team members on a regular basis?
- Congratulate them on jobs well done?
- Work with them individually to improve skills?
- Provide the opportunity for the team to voice their thoughts?
- Ask the team for their input about ways to improve how the team functions?
A team that performs well does not happen on its own. It requires management’s ongoing nurturing, structure and positive reinforcement.
Is your sales team working as a team? When was the last time you checked in with them?
Have a question about sales? Contact Sakanashi and Associates Inc. and I will respond.
Please share Thoughtful Thursdays posts with people you feel may find the topic interesting.
Comments are closed.