Thoughtful Thursdays – It’s June already?
Not only June, but only two weeks until the end of the first half of the year! How are your sales numbers looking?
Todays sales thought is about reviewing your year to date sales and planning for the third and fourth quarter of 2017.
So, back to the question, how are your sales numbers looking? Up, down, flat? Regardless of the last time you checked, if you do not yet have a plan to take you to the end of the year, you better look again. Whether up, down or flat, the sales professional always maximizes sales potential. There is no room for sand baggers.
There may not be a lot you can do for your first half results at this point, but there is a lot that can be done for the remainder of the year. A bit of territory micro-management now can go a long way to making 2017 a succesful year.
- Review your customers who represent 80% of your sales and review each one in detail.
- Are you pursuing all incremental opportunities?
- Are the growth targets on track?
- Review your top ten targets
- Are the forecasted close dates still on track?
- Are you tracking delays?
- Are you doing everything in your control to make sure the opportunity will close as expected?
- Do you know what your competition is up to?
- Are you attending industry meetings to stay up to date on trends?
- Are your suppliers on board with your growth expectations?
Conduct your territory analysis, set your objectives, develop your sales strategies for the rest of the year, create your action plan, execute and monitor your results.
The sales person that leaves no stone unturned and looks under every leaf will be more successful than the one who does not.
Have a question about sales? Contact Sakanashi and Associates Inc. and I will respond.
Please share Thoughtful Thursdays posts with people you feel may find the topic interesting and help.
Comments are closed.