Thoughtful Thursdays – On closing the sale
A subject often brought up during meetings with my clients concerns closing sales.
Today’s thought is about key ingredients necessary to close a sale.
I think of closing as a logical result of a well executed sales process. It will not happen without the following in place first:
- The prospect must be ready, willing and most importantly, able to act on your recommendations
- Value of the product or service must be recognized and understood
- Any costs of change must be addressed
- Needs need to be identified, prioritized, confirmed and distinguished from wants
- The offering must satisfy those needs
Think of a purchase you have made recently and why you bought it where you did. I suspect the points listed above and perhaps even more were in place.
The most common “mistake” I see it the sales person attempting to close before the prospect is ready to buy. The reason they are not ready to buy is that the necessary ingredients are not in place.
Comments are closed.