Thoughtful Thursdays – What if?
When was the last time you went through the “What if?” exercise? Today’s Thoughtful Thursdays sales thought is about asking yourself “What if?” more often.
The answers to your question will provide the potential consequences for the decision you decide to take. As I have said in the past, if you are not willing to accept the consequences, perhaps you might want to reconsider the decision.
Here are some examples of “what if’s” to consider before making a decision:
- What if I decide not to negotiate the price?
- What if the prospect is not being completely truthful to me?
- What if I decline to quote this business?
- What if I raised prices?
- What if I did not have this customer?
- What if I sub-contracted the business?
Having more information will lead to a stronger decision making process, especially when that information provides insights to the value of the sale.
Get into the habit of asking “What if?” and make more informed decisions with consequences you are prepared to accept.
Have a question about sales? Contact Sakanashi and Associates Inc. and I will respond.
Comments are closed.