Thoughtful Thursdays – It may be your toughest sale
What a great idea! It will increase sales, open up new opportunities and best of all, increase company profits. Why wouldn’t they say “Yes”?
Today’s Thoughtful Thursdays sales thought is about what might be your toughest sale to close, the internal sale.
An internal sale can require as much or more preparation and perseverance as you put into any sale that you make. Just because it sounds like a good idea, and very well may be, it does not mean that it will fit into your company’s plans.
- Require a champion to help navigate internal processes to implement your idea?
- Know all the stake holders?
- Know the numbers?
- Potential upside
- Potential downside if your idea is not accepted
- Know the probabilty of success
- Know how the idea might impact the industry in which your business operates?
- Have your customer’s assurance that they will purchase from you if the idea is implemente?
- Are they as committed as you are?
My point is that it can take much more than the good idea receive buy in from all the internal people necessary to make it happen.
Be sure to do your homework and respect company protocol. An influential champion is also beneficial to have on your side. It may take a team of of people to get it done. If it is truly a good idea, it will be worth the effort.
Have a question about sales? Contact Sakanashi and Associates Inc. and I will respond.
Comments are closed.