Thoughtful Thursdays – Are you ready to sell?
You have the sales tools, but are you truly ready to sell?
Today’s Thoughtful Thursdays sales thought is about being ready to sell.
Being ready to sell entails more than possessing the necessary tools. To be sure, having the tools helps to faciliate the process, but we are talking about the softer skills.
What is your current mood? Are you ready to:
- Hear “No”
- Not have calls returned
- Be sent to voice mail
- Not reach the correct person
- Not be able to schedule a meeting
- Be discouraged
The above points speak to resilience, the ability to recover quickly without from difficulties. Successful sales professionals are resilient.
Ways to become more resilient include:
- Believing that the products and services you are offering are going to help your prospects
- Thinking more that the glass as half full rather than half empty
- Being mindful of, but not dwelling on the negative
- Not taking objections personally
- Analyzing and learning from setbacks
- Finding and working with a mentor
Resilience is key to being ready to sell.
At the 2018 Masters Golf Tournament Sergio Garcia demonstrated resilience by birdieing the 16th hole after taking a thirteen on the 15th.
Have a question about sales? Contact Sakanashi and Associates Inc. and I will respond.
Comments are closed.