Thoughtful Thursdays – Worth repeating again on cold calling
The recent cold snap we experienced in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) reminded me of a post on cold calling that is worth repeating again.
There are many views on the subject of cold calling. When talking sales, I do not consider any planned call ‘cold’
The situation may involve calling someone who you have not talked to previously. However, there is a belief they may be interested in the products and/or services that are being offered. It is not a call out of the blue, but an insightful targeted response to research conducted and analyzed that identifies businesses that are most likely to be your newest customers.
Here are a few tips when making those cold calls:
- Approach each call as an opportunity to help
- Know the benefits you bring to the table and be prepared to talk about them
- Know your competitive advantage and do talk about it
- Be excited about the opportunity
- Know that not every prospect will be interested, as most will not – initially
- If the prospect says they are not interested, have a response to find out why they are not – after all they have been previously identified as a business or person that might be interested
These are tips that apply to making all sales calls. In my books there is no such thing as a cold sales call.
Get out there and start helping.
Have a question about sales? Contact Sakanashi and Associates Inc. and I will respond.
Comments are closed.